Instant Meetings allow anyone who is available and online to send a video chat request to quickly meet for a chat, catch up or just to say hi. Instant Meetings work on user profiles and are super easy to use, but we have created this guide just to run you through the basics of accepting an Instant Meeting request. Make sure to also check out our guide on How to start an Instant Meeting
1. If someone is wanting you to join an Instant Meeting you will receive a red dot notification in the bell icon at the bottom right hand corner.
Click the "Bell" to view notification
2. Click "Join" to join the Instant Meeting
3. You will then be taken to the Instant Meeting interface. This is where you can check your camera and microphone is working prior to joining the meeting.
4. To change your camera click "switch"
5. To change your microphone click "switch"
6. If you wish to mute / turn off your camera use the toggles next to each to toggle on or off before entering the meeting
7. When you are ready simply click "Join meeting"
8. If there is a green tick next to the attendees name that means they are there and ready
9. Click the "About" tab to see all meeting details and information on your host
10. Click the "Chat" tab if you would like to message the other attendee. Chat here works the same as on booth and the networking lounge. Using live chat on the day
11. You can type a message in the chat and click "Post" icon
12. Click the "Arrow" to minimise this area and just have the cameras on view.
13. Click the "Icons" to to switch camera / mic to on / off
14. If you wish to screen share you will need to turn off your camera first. Click the "camera" icon to do this
15. Click "Screen Share" icon
16. Select which screen you would like to share and click "Share" to begin
17. If you need to edit your settings whilst in the meeting. Click the "cog" icon
18. Click "Audio & video settings"
19. Here you can switch your input, check your connection and toggle your camera/mic on/off
20. When your meeting has finished click "Leave Meeting" if you are the attendee or "End meeting for all" if you are the host.
21. Confirm by clicking "Yes, leave meeting"
You now know how to join an Instant Meeting. If you need to block out some times that you won't be available to accept an Instant Meeting then make sure you update your availability.
How to change your availability for Instant Meetings.