Personal Meetings are a great way to meet anyone at an event and make new connections. Personal Meetings are essentially meetings that happen on your own profile and in this guide we explain how you can find those meetings and book onto them. However, if you are also looking to host your first meeting make sure to check out our guide on how to schedule a Personal Meeting first.
Finding Personal Meetings at an event
Personal Meetings are always only hosted in people's profiles. So the way to find Personal Meetings is:
1. Find a delegate in the event - it can be either in a live chat or Who's Here
2. Click on their profile and navigate to Meetings tab
Keep in mind that all the meetings you will see on the profile may not be just Personal Meetings. This tab will also show meetings that the user is a host of. The easiest way to tell a Personal Meeting from Area Meeting is the size of the meeting as Personal Meetings can only be 1-2-1.
If the meeting is available to book onto, you will see options to:
- Book - you can book onto a meeting and you will immediately become an attendee.
- Request To Attend - this means that this meeting has Manual Approvals enabled and this meeting requires the host to approve each booked participant, so you will have to wait for the host's decision. You will be notified in the platform and by email once the decision has been made.
- Get In Queue - this means that the meeting has Cancellation Slots enabled and that all available slots are already taken. However, you can get in queue and wait in case someone cancels their spot so you can take it. You will be notified by email and via a platform notification when that happens.