As a speaker, you might be asked to conduct a live Q&A session after a pre-recorded presentation has played. In iVent you will have the option to present either using camera, audio or dial-in through a phone. Your host will let you know which format is available and the one you will be using on the live day. Our guide below explains how to conduct your live Q&A session at the end of a pre-recorded session.
What is a mock-live presentation?
A mock-live presentation, in simple terms, is a pre-recorded presentation that plays at a set time in the event to replicate that live feeling. A mock-live presentation is a great way to pre-record your presentation in a comfortable environment where you can do multiple attempts to make it perfect, and it also gives you the option to present live at the end, for example, a Q&A session. The audience wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a live and mock-live presentation because they would look identical and the transition would be seamless. When you present live in a mock-live presentation, we call it mix-in content.
Mixing-in content using audio-only
1. To activate the live Q&A session, when you login to your broadcast link, you will see your video already playing and there will be a large red bar with the words Mixin some live content written on it.
2. Click Mixin some live content and a window will open as shown above, in which you will see the Start Publishing button.
3. You will only go live once you have clicked the Start Publishing button. You will need to allow time for your video to finish playing and then remember the 10 second rule when it comes to starting to speak and ending your live Q&A so that the video or your speech is not cut off.
4. Once you are done presenting, wait at least 10 seconds and then click Stop Publishing.
5. If the session is over, you can close down your presentation tab.
⚠️ Most importantly, always remember to run a few tests to make sure you are familiar with the system, and that your setup works the way it should.