- 2 GHz dual-core processor or better;
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB or more recommended);
- An operating system such as Windows 7 (Windows 10 recommended), Mac OS 10.13 (the newest version recommended), Linux, Chrome OS, iOS or Android
- Internet connection 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
- Speakers and microphone built-in, USB plug-in, Bluetooth wireless or professional broadcasting equipment
- Camera built-in, USB plug-in or professional camera for broadcasting
- Google Chrome version 80 and later
- Safari 11 and later
- Opera version 60 and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 75 and later
- Microsoft Edge version 75 and later
- Vivaldi version 3.0 and later
- Yandex version 18 and later
Collab Spaces work with most of laptop built-in cameras and webcams. When you want to use a more advanced or professional camera you may need installing additional software or hardware. To test the camera compatibility, we recommend using our connection tester or opening a webinar room with allowed access to camera and microphone.
- If the tester was not successful, then contact your IT team and follow these steps to correct the issue:
- Make sure that port 443 is open
- Make sure the provided tips are white labelled: https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json
- Settings have been optimized under step 1, please run Connection Tester (step 1) again. If results are still not successful, please go to step 3.
- Contact our Support Team with the following information:
- What traffic are you allowing via port 443?
- Did your IT team whitelist IP addresses suggested in step 2?
- Did you use Chrome? Is it restricted in any way by your IT team?