If you are presenting in a Collab Space, you may want to share your screen to show some slides or do a demonstration. This article will help you understand how to use this feature more effectively, see below.
Access screen-sharing in the share menu
To access screen-sharing:
- If you are in a webinar interface, click on the + sign in the top-left corner and choose the Share Screen option.
- If you are in a meeting interface, click on the + sign in the top-right corner and choose the Share Screen option.
1. Select the sharing option.
Your Entire Screen - this option allows you to share all of your screen, which includes all of your applications that are open.
Application Window - this option will allow you to share only a specific application that you have open on your device.
Chrome Tab (Google Chrome or Chromium-based browser only) - using this option you can screen-share a tab from your browser.
2. Click Share button once you have chosen the way you want to share your screen.
Pausing and stopping shared screen
1. If you want to temporarily pause your screen, simply click the Pause Sharing button. This will stop the broadcast of your screen to viewers and other presenters.
2. If you wish to completely stop sharing your screen just press the Stop Sharing button.
Advice on screen-sharing in Collab Spaces
✅ Always test screen-sharing ahead of the event, your browser needs to have screen-sharing permissions enabled before you can broadcast your screen.
✅ Make sure your internet connection is stable when screen-sharing to avoid glitches, pixelation and image latency.
✅ If you are sharing the whole screen, make sure that you have quit any idle applications and turned off all notifications to avoid distractions.
❌ Avoid having a screen-sharing tab open when you are not using it as it's a resourceful task for your network and device.
❌ Don't try to stream videos through screen-sharing as this feature is not optimised for it. Upload videos into storage instead and use them from there or embed a video using the YouTube and Vimeo hosting sites. Don't try to use a PPT presentation with transitions and videos as this will impact viewing experience.
❌ Screen-sharing doesn't work on mobile devices.