We have outlined the steps below that you would need to take if you are presenting live into a webcast in iVent. There are 3 formats you need to keep in mind, so make sure you know that you are aware how you are going to be presenting beforehand so you can take a look at the method relevant to you.
Logging in and setting up
- Click on the broadcast link provided and login using your email address and password.
- Ensure you are using the latest version of Chrome when logging in.
A presentation window will open up in which you will see your chosen microphone options. When you talk you will see the grey audio bar moving between yellow and green which indicates that sound is being picked up. If the bar is not moving then your microphone has not been selected, your browser is restricting access to your microphone or maybe you are not using the right microphone.
- When you are ready, click the Start Publishing button in the presentation window.
- Wait approximately 10 seconds to allow the system to adjust to live and then start your presentation.
- Advance through your slides as you go.
Slides and questions
- In the right hand open window you will see your slides. Underneath the slides are two arrows.
- When you are live you can use the arrows to advance your slides. You can either click on the arrows with your mouse or use the arrow keys on your keyboard. You will also see thumbnail images of your slides which act as prompts to remind you which slide is coming up next. Only you can see these.
- Questions will be posted in the chat board you will be able to see on screen (if live). This is a public chat board so all viewers can see what is written here.
Ending the session
- Once your presentation is complete and you have finished responding to questions (if live), remain silent for around 10 seconds and then click the Stop Publishing button to stop the live stream.
- Once you have done this you can no longer be seen or heard by viewers. You may then close down your window, and you are done!