We have outlined the steps below that you would need to take if you are presenting live into a webcast in iVent. There are 3 formats you need to keep in mind, so make sure you know that you are aware how you are going to be presenting beforehand so you can take a look at the method relevant to you.
Logging in and setting up
- Click on the broadcast link provided and login using your email address and password.
2. A presentation window will open up in which you will see the dial-in details. Approx. 5-10 mins before your agreed live time, call the number you see on screen.
3. Please dial in using a landline telephone rather than a headset connected to your laptop/PC. Using the latter may prevent your live stream from being heard. Please ensure you have muted the speakers on your laptop or PC. This is very important as it avoids an audio loop. You will also need to mute the sound notification in the questions box by clicking on the speak icon. At this point viewers cannot hear you.
- When you are ready to go live click the Start Publishing button.
- After clicking Start Publishing you must wait approximately 10 seconds to allow the system to connect your audio to live and then you may speak and start your presentation.
- Because this is a dial-in method, make sure that you are presenting using the phone that you call with.
Slides and questions
- Advance through your slides using the arrow keys on your keyboard or by clicking the arrows on screen with your mouse.
- Questions will be posted in the chat board you will be able to see on screen. This is a public chat board (live chat) so all viewers can see what is written here.
Ending the session
- Once your presentation is complete and you have finished responding to questions, remain silent for around 10 seconds and then click the Stop Publishing button to stop the live stream.
- Once you have done this, your live audio can no longer be heard by viewers. You may then disconnect from the dial-in by hanging up your telephone, closing down your window and you are done!
⚡️ Some extra hints and tips for panelists / speakers
- Only the moderator should have the broadcast link. Other panel members will only require the viewing link and the dial-in number.
- The moderator and panel members will all dial into the same number. Moderators will need to check everyone is present and that all speakers have been muted on PCs/laptops. Also that everyone has muted the sound notification in the chat window.
- You can all talk freely until you are ready to go live.
- When you are ready click the Start Publishing button. It is advisable to count down to this moment so your panel members know to stay quiet whilst this happens. The moderator will be the one to click Start Publishing and this connects everyone’s audio. The moderator will be the person to control the slides too. Other presenters will not be able to do this.
- The moderator will click to Stop Publishing which will disconnect everyone’s audio.
⚠️ And most importantly, always remember to run a few tests with your presenters to make sure everyone knows what they are doing, and that everyone is familiar with the iVent system before going live on the day.