How can I arrange personal video meetings?
Jitsi Meet is a great way to arrange personal meetings with delegates during a live event, and the setup is super simple too. By setting up a Jitsi Meet you will be able to have a usable video call meeting room which features end-to-end encryption, zero account setup, text chat and screen-sharing. You can invite selected delegates that you are networking with in the event, share the link with them and hop on a quick call privately. That’s it!
Prior to the live event, you might want to set up the room in advance so you have a link ready that you can share with your network peers.
1. Go to https://meet.jit.si
2. Type the name of your personalised meeting room. It can be your full name or a mix of random words. It’s best to use something that’s unique to make sure nobody else will have that meeting room name.
3. Click ‘Go’ and enter the meeting room, your browser might ask you to allow access to your mic and webcam.
4. Protect your room from strangers. You can add a password to your room so that when anyone joins it, they will have to enter and this will ensure you won’t have unwanted people entering your meeting space.
5. Copy the URL from your browser and share that whenever you want to in the event with peers that you want to connect over a video call, privately. Make sure to keep a copy of your password you set so that you can share that with your meeting attendees.
Some questions we get asked...
Q: What can I do on Jitsi Meet other than have a call?
A: Jitsi Meet allows for calls between two parties, and you can either have a video or audio call. You can also have a type of chat between participants, the ability to share a screen and broadcast a YouTube video. If you want to record your meeting, you can also connect your meeting space to a Dropbox account to store your recordings.
Q: I have joined the room but I am having issues connecting video and audio?
A: iVent is not responsible for the support and maintenance of Jitsi Meet. Please refer to Jitsi Meet and Jitsi.org website to find troubleshooting guides.
Q: Does Jitsi Meet work on mobile?
A: It can be accessed on mobile via a browser or through a dedicated app. Please visit https://meet.jit.si to learn more about their available apps for Android and iOS.
Q: Is Jitsi Meet secure?
Q: Can I get a report in iVent of the meeting that I have had and the chat transcript?
A: Jitsi Meet is a 3rd part video conferencing solution. iVent does not store, receive nor transmit any data collected between the live event and a Jitsi Meet meeting.