🚀 A replacement of ad-hoc video chat is now called Booth Instant Meetings. Learn more about how it works here, and if you would like it enabled for your event make sure to reach out to your Event Project Manager or Account Manager.
If you are a booth administrator, you can initiate a video chat with users visiting your booth as long as video chat is enabled on your booth.
Joining the Video Chat
Joining the video chat is simple...
1. Click the Video Chat icon in the right-hand panel on your booth.
2. Enable Camera and Microphone access in your browser to your site. You usually get a prompt from your browser to give access but some browsers can hide those in settings.
3. Once you have enabled access, you need to select your preferred Camera and Microphone in the setting drop-downs in the top right corner.
4. Once you have selected your preferred microphone and camera you will need to turn your microphone and camera on to participate in the chat.
5. If you wish to share your screen you will need to turn your camera off and click the Share screen button and select the area you wish to share.
6. In the centre of the main screen you will see an expandable icon. You can use this to enlarge the main window for easy viewing. Once enlarged you can click again to reduce back to the normal screen.
7. Once you are all set up you are now ready to invite people to join you in the chat.
Inviting into the Video Chat
1. Click the Invite People button, click the plus button next to the attendee's name to select and move them to the bottom half of the screen. (4 attendees max)
2. Click Send an Invite to notify users that they have a video chat request. The request will be displayed via the bell icon in the bottom right-hand side of their screen, showing a red exclamation mark.
Common troubleshooting questions
Q: I have joined the video chat, I can see other users but cannot hear them?
A: Please ensure that your volume is turned up. If you can see others but not hear them this is likely because they haven’t selected the right microphone device on the right panel.
Q: Other users in the video chat are saying they cannot hear me but can see me?
A: Please make sure you have enabled and selected the correct microphone device on the right panel. A bar underneath demonstrates whether any sound is being picked up by moving up and down.
Q: My webcam has turned black, what can I do?
A: If your internet connection degrades in any way the webcam element of the video chat will turn black. Please close the video chat, check your internet connection and then re-renter the video chat area. Bouncing Wi-Fi can also cause this issue.
Q: I can’t select mic or webcam from the list
A: This is a common issue if you are also using meeting software such as Skype, MS Teams or Zoom. These applications may take control of your audio/webcam devices and won't release them to be used by the video chat. Close down those other applications and try again. If this still doesn’t work then you will need to restart your PC and ensure the other software does not open too.