Being the host platform for thousands of virtual events teaches you a thing or two. So we wanted to share a few of our most useful hints & tips for managing your booth during the live event in the most effective way.
1. Always make sure there is someone monitoring the live chat
2. Always have pre-defined responses ready when it gets too busy in the chat
3. Always try to greet every user that visits your chat, post a welcome message encouraging users to ask their questions
4. Don't leave posts hanging - answer, or follow up with anybody who messages on the live chat
5. Remember all chat transcripts are saved within the system so you will be able to check through these at a later time
6. Check your booth content is displaying correctly and works as expected i.e. videos play and content is viewable
7. Take your visitors elsewhere - schedule 1-2-1 meetings or message them privately
8. When your booth is offline, consider which contact method you would like to use
9. Make sure to check your emails regularly for any offline notifications. You will receive a notification when a user posts a question to you via the wall
10. When you are not live, let them know - use agenda items, announcements or information in your booth to let visitors know when you are online next. You would need to ask your event organiser to set them up for you.
11. Adding your meeting times to the live agenda is also a good way of letting visitors know what is happening and when. You would need to ask your event organiser to set them up for you.
12. Link your agenda items straight to your booth if you are running a live Q&A or meetings. You would need to ask your event organiser to set them up for you.
13. Don't sit around - message your visitors via the Who's Here (top nav bar, person icon)
14. Go to presentations and the networking lounge and see if someone is asking about an area relevant to your product or service and use this as a reason to message them or send them a link to your booth so they can visit at a later time.